General tips about how your website looks:
· Make sure that your navigation buttons such as 'Contact us' can be seen without scrolling – try looking at your website on different computers.
· Display your telephone number or call to action prominently on your main landing/home page.
On-site SEO tips:
· Use meaningful page names, such as prices.htm instead of page7.htm
· Use meta descriptions – this will help with seo and look better in Google results
· What keywords do you want to rank well for? It is advisable to use Google's Keyword Research tool to look at which keywords are going to work best (ie they have low amounts of competition and high monthly local web traffic). Then these keywords and phrases need to be inserted into Titles, Headings, bold text, alt tags and so on – in a natural way, to avoid over-stuffing with keywords.
· Don't overdo keywords - some people will use the term over and over again. That's called "keyword stuffing." This can lead to your site being removed from Google.
Off-site seo tips:
· Google's Local Business center (google.com/local/add) is a place where business owners can submit a site so it shows up in local searches, with a map attached. The first 10 non-advertising results that Google shows are often are from Google Maps, so if you have a business and haven't submitted it, you're losing out on potential customers.
· Build links! Check out why Google thinks links to your website are so important:
· Submit your company details to online directories that are free to advertise in such as:
· Analyse your website hits by using software such as Google Analytics - a free tool that can be used to analyse traffic to your website.
This article was written by Jane Walker (tel. 0777 169 1194). I hope you found it useful. More articles can be found on my website: www.walkerwebsites.co.uk